News & Events
- The cold Daniel was fighting last week is getting better but please pray for continued health as he is particularly susceptible to illnesses like this due to the treatments.
- Please pray for safe travel as they continue to commute to Denver for his treatments every day during the week.
- Daniel’s Walk, Run & Roll fundraiser event is coming up on March 30th and they would really appreciate people signing up to participate or volunteer. Volunteers will get free Chick-fil-A breakfast and the cows will be there.
Here are some specific ways we can help:
- Walk/Run/Roll – March 30: is a fundraising bike ride/walk/run for the whole family! It will help defray some of the cost associated with Daniel’s treatment, recovery, and ongoing care. Registration is open and can be accessed via the button below.
- MEALS – A big thank you to everyone who has brought meals! There is one date still open for next Monday, March 25.
- PRAYER – For on-going information use the Caring Bridge button.
- GIFT CARDS – Especially for gas as they will be driving approx 120 miles each day during his treatments. As always grocery and restaurant gift cards are helpful too. These will continue to be collected for them at the front desk to help them while they are commuting to Denver for treatments.
- GOFUNDME – To help them financially, use the GoFundMe button below.
We are so happy to report that Kristi Glaze, our theater director and receptionist, is back and better than before!! She is doing well but would love prayer covering for herself and the USCO theater students as they go to New York City for a theater seminar over spring break.
She and her family are so grateful for the love, support and prayers everyone has given them during this time!
As you know, Schafer got to leave the hospital to go home on Friday, March 8, and he continues to be doing well and healing. Here are a few updates from info found on the “Schafer Updates” Facebook page:
- He has been able to get out and about by going to at least one basketball game and taking walks to the park in his neighborhood most days.
- His fingers that were black are healing up but one is still black at the tip.
- The pressure ulcer on the back of his head is better but is still not healed. According to his mom, he “might have a bald spot , another scar type thing, that will remind him of this time in his life that God used to forever impact his story.”
7:45 – 8:15 in the Chapel
“There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.” …..—A. T. Pierson
Prayer is the most essential work of our ministry and fruitfulness to God. Come join us as we praise God for His excellence and ask for His mighty hand to lead this school and change hearts for all of eternity. Without prayer, our work is arrogant and will only bear bad fruit (John 15:5). Let us humbly and diligently seek and come together in one accord and do the greatest thing we can do––pray.
12:40-1:20 @ The Loft
All are welcome.
Come and seek Jesus with us!
MOMS’ PRAYER MEETING
COME JOIN US IN PRAYER FOR OUR SCHOOL AND OUR KIDS!
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 21 from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m.
Meets 1st & 3rd weeks of each month.
At the Cooper’s House – 2704 W Cucharras, 80904 (across the street from elementary)
*Little ones are welcome and can play while we pray.
(Also, if anyone is available to watch our littles during this time, it would be greatly appreciated!)
For questions, please email Dawn Fletcher at email@example.com.
Due to the school’s recent weather related schedule changes and the number of students and staff who have been out sick in the last few weeks, there are still a lot of gaps in the grade books. Consequently, the distribution of 3rd quarter report cards has been postponed until after spring break.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
Happy Spring Break!
Be sure to check Renweb on April 1 which is considered an at-home school day.
We hope you have a refreshing break!
This local family event is in support of one of our own students, Daniel Giffin. It will be a super fun event for the WHOLE FAMILY!! Come join the community in support of Daniel and his family!
Features of the Day
15k Bike Ride or 5k Walk/Run For ALL ages
Pancakes and hot cocoa for everyone
T-shirt with the cool logo as seen above
Live music along the courses
Course description: The 15k Bike Ride departs America The Beautiful Park at 9:30 am and travels the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail north to Goose Gossage Park where we will head to Tap Trader Brewery for Pancakes and Hot Chocolate before returning to America The Beautiful Park for the post-ride festivities.
The 5k Walk/Run starts promptly at 10:00 am using the Greenway Trail north along Fountain Creek. This course is stroller friendly and suited for kids of All ages. Both courses will be flagged by local musicians from Colorado Springs Conservatory for your entertainment.
Volunteers are still needed and will receive a free Chick-Fil-A breakfast served with the company of the cows!
Sign up TODAY to either volunteer or participate via the buttons below!!
Performed by the High School Theater department is coming very soon!
Get your tickets SOON before they are gone!!!!
Are you or an organization you are involved with looking for a space to rent?
The school administration is announcing that our school facilities are available during off-school hours. So if you are trying to figure out a location for:
Using one of the many spaces available in our buildings could be a great solution!
Contact Jeff Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Games for our ultimate frisbee and volleyball teams are getting started!
Come and support our teams and school!
Here are the games scheduled prior to Spring Break:
- Thursday, March 21 @ 6:00 p.m. – Volleyball – Co-ed
- Friday, March 22 @ 6:00 p.m – Volleyball – Co-ed
- Saturday, March 23 @ 10:00 a.m. & Noon – Ultimate Frisbee – Boys
For further info and game details, please use the buttons below or email the coaches at:
- Juniors: February 25th – Mar. 19th
- Sophomores: April 1st – 18th
- Freshmen: April 16th – May 3rd
Junior High Advising Windows (schedules will be requested online and confirmed via email):
- 6th grade: April 1st – 18th
This section contains businesses that are closely associated with the families who attend and work at our school. Anyone involved with USCO may submit a business to this directory.
NOTE: USCO administration has final discretion regarding what is included in this listing.
This will be a resource to let others at USCO know about events that you are planning or know about which are coming up in the near future.
The tool to submit your events will be available very soon. Thank you for your patience!
NOTE: USCO administration reserves the right to determine which events are posted in this listing.
This is a resource for USCO families to either buy or sell personal items. (Think Craig’s List)
The tool to submit your items will be available very soon but until then, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for your patience!
NOTE: USCO administration reserves the right to determine which items are posted in this listing.
This is a resource to let others in the USCO community know about available job opportunities or a job you are seeking.
The tool to submit to this listing will be available very soon but until then send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience!
NOTE: USCO administration reserves the right to determine which job listings are posted.
Fun Photos from the HS Spring Retreat